An absolute ‘must have’ in my regular daily diet are fish oils. I don’t even consider this to be a supplement, but more of a necessary part of my groceries. Fish oils provide “good fats” that are absolutely necessary for a healthy nutrition plan.
Every cell in our body is made from lipids (fat) and we absolutely need good fats as a part of a healthy nutrition plan to look great and feel amazing. I firmly believe that the Omega 3 nutrients in fish oils are the most essential thing North Americans need to increase in their diet to reap the many health benefits it has to offer. Over the last two centuries, the American diet has seen a major drop in omega 3 consumption. This has occurred for many reasons, such as the increase in saturated fats coming from processed foods and a change from grass-fed beef to grain-fed beef. This makes it even more important to include fish oils (high in omega 3) in your diet.
Omega 3 is an Indispensable Part of a Healthy Nutrition Plan
Deficiency in omega 3 can cause a lot of daily problematic symptoms, such as depression, poor memory, muscle aches, dry skin and hair. Many of these ailments are overlooked and are often masked with prescribed pharmaceutical medications. But this fails to solve the root of the problem, and side steps the easiest, healthiest and safest solution of them all – increasing the omega 3 nutrients in your daily diet. Even in healthy people, supplementing with fish oils can decrease anger and anxiety while improving vitality, intellectual and physiological functions, including overall mood.
Why You Should Incorporate Omega 3 into your Nutrition Plan
Here are 7 very important reasons why fish oils (aka GOOD FAT) should be included in a healthy nutrition plan:
1. Fish oils supplementation has been linked to improved brain power/memory and mood. Numerous studies have shown that a lack of Omega 3 fatty acids may cause the brain to age faster, losing some of its memory and thinking abilities.
2. The nutrients in fish oils have shown to assist in preserving lean muscle and to aid in recovery time, especially while dieting, by preventing the body from going into a catabolic state (muscle breakdown). Not only that, but in regular dosages it has shown to increase the anabolic response of muscle protein synthesis (muscle building).
3. Omega 3s also benefit your joints by keeping them well lubricated. Fish oil nutrients also show a general decrease of inflammation in the body.
4. Fish oils improve bone health and help prevent osteoporosis. There have been many conclusive studies showing fish oils to be a vital constituent of healthy modeled bones and maintaining bone mineral density.
5. Fish oils also may reduce the signs of ageing by slowing the shortening of segments in our DNA strands called telomeres. Telomeres help to protect our cells from damage that lead to signs of ageing
6. Omega 3 has been shown to help nourish hair follicles and facilitate hair growth. The protein found in fish oils helps hair stay strong, lustrous and durable, making omega 3 supplementation a beneficial beauty trick.
7. Another beauty bonus of Omega 3 fatty acids is the eicosapentaenoic acid it contains, which helps to prevent ageing of skin. Not only do fish oils assist in acne and eczema, fish oils can keep your skin looking youthful by keeping it hydrated and slowing down wrinkles.
I hope these 7 points will give you enough reason to start incorporating fish oils into your daily diet as part of your regular nutrition plan. I highly recommend taking 3 fish oil capsules, twice a day, with meals.
With all of these benefits, it still amazes me how many people are not making this a priority.